Anne Raven was born and raised along the windy coast of South Africa, and can assure everyone there are no lions roaming the streets—unless you count the feral cat next door. When not reading or writing, you can find her spending time with Luna, her giant Boerboel aka South African Mastiff puppy, taking freshly baked goods from the oven, or drinking too much coffee.
Anne loves writing in multiple genres, but her stories always tend toward darker themes with gritty edges. Her books often feature found families, resilient heroines, non-toxic alpha heroes, and vivid settings. Her romantic suspense IN THE NAME OF THE MOTHER was showcased in Pitch Wars 2017.
Anne is represented by Amanda Jain at BookEnds Literary Agency.
Eight fun facts:
- I “inherited” my sister’s insane cat, Clio—named after the Greek muse of history. However, she’s more like a fury!
- My niece calls me “Monty”, because I’m like her mommy, but I’m her aunty.
- If I ever happened to be invited onto Strictly Come Dancing, I would have to insist on Brendan Cole as my partner. Although it would be terrible as I have two left feet…
- …That said, I have a soft spot for anything dance related. Especially ballet. Yes, I secretly wanted to be a ballerina. Damn those inadequate feet!
- I have a teeny tiny obsession with Alice in Wonderland.
- I’m a Marvel girl. And before all you DC fans throw virtual tomatoes, my Marvel preference began with the 1991 X-men cartoon TV series, where I found my first love—Remy LeBeau aka Gambit.
- My first boss renamed me Clarice just so he could walk into the office every morning and say, “Hello, Clarice.” *please read in the requisite creepy Hannibal Lecter voice*
- Favourite movie of all time is Beauty and the Beast. Favourite classic book is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I think there is a theme there between the two.